Engineering Manager / Project Manager
Full Job Description
JOB TYPE: Full-time
Del Medical, Inc., is a leader in radiography equipment is looking for career-minded candidates to join our Company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team and provide direction to direct reports
- Provide effective cross-functional team leadership to deliver on-time results
- Drive and complete existing and new engineering projects to a successful conclusion
- Evaluate competency of engineering personnel and build a team that is focused on results to effectively improve the design and quality of products.
- Ensure the team contributes to new designs or techniques to solve technical problems or improve existing products or processes.
- Work in conjunction with senior staff developing new products
- Collaborate with in-house teams, and external customers to align project strategies for innovative products to meet business objectives.
- Develop an annual Research and Development plan.
- Define actionable metrics to measure Engineering performance
- Ensure compliance to all procedures and policies concerning quality, medical device regulations (ISO 13485, 21CFR820.30, IEC, and MDSAP), and safety.
- Other duties that may be assigned
The requirements listed below are representative of the education, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- BS degree in mechanical engineering or applicable field, Master’s degree preferred
- 8 years of experience or previous experience in the medical device industry.
- 3 years of experience in a leadership capacity within product development with a proven track record in medical product development successes, from exploration to launching commercial products
- Experience in the design and development of class II medical devices is desirable
- Program management skills and ability to drive results on projects
- Experience in both mechanical and electrical engineering is desirable.
- Experience with the design of sheet metal, machined parts, motors, and molding process is desirable.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong project leadership skills are desirable.
- Experience with project management and creative problem-solving skills
- Successful track record of organizational development and delivering redesigned and new products successfully to market.
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art design practices and techniques
- Strong experience with SolidWorks, AutoCad, FEA software, and Strong Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements applicable to new product development
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Require masks and social distancing
- One location
In addition to competitive wages and advancement opportunities, UMG / DEL MEDICAL also provides:
401(k) Retirement Plan
Paid Personal, Sick, and Vacation Days
UMG / DEL MEDICAL is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a thriving and diverse workforce.
If you’re interested in joining our team, please email your resume and desired position to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 847-954-2376.
UMG / DEL MEDICAL
Attn: Human Resources
241 Covington Drive
Bloomingdale, IL 60108