Janitor / Maintenance
Full Job Description
Del Medical, Inc., a leader in design, manufacturing, and distribution of high-performance digital and analog medical imaging systems.
Come join us!
Responsible for the overall maintenance, cleaning, repairs, and more for the plant and offices throughout the building.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing or vacuuming them
- Clean windows and mirrors
- Clean and supply restrooms
- Remove waste and empty trash
- Maintain cleaning chart indicating areas that were cleaned and inspected
- Replenish cleaning and maintenance supplies
- Organize janitorial storage areas
- Perform routine maintenance activities
- Cleaning snow or debris from sidewalks
- Notify supervisors about unsafe conditions or concerning the need for repairs or maintenance
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Ability to observe safety and security procedures and to comply with policies
- Ability to read and interpret written information; ability to write clear statements; ability to communicate orally
- Must be able to do physical work and operate power equipment normally found in janitorial operations
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow schedules and keep commitments
- Ability to follow directions from a supervisor
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism
- Must be able to manage time efficiently and to work individually as well as within a team
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface periodically throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist, or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques are required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the manufacturing areas where certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields and mandatory hearing protection. For the most part, ambient room temperatures, lighting, and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
In addition to competitive wages and advancement opportunities, UMG / DEL MEDICAL also provides:
401(k) Retirement Plan
Paid Personal, Sick, and Vacation Days
UMG / DEL MEDICAL is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a thriving and diverse workforce.
If you’re interested in joining our team, please email your resume and desired position to email@example.com or fax it to 847-954-2376.
UMG / DEL MEDICAL
Attn: Human Resources
241 Covington Drive
Bloomingdale, IL 60108