Full Job Description
The Procurement Manager is responsible for Planning, Procuring and Controlling all materials necessary to support all products manufactured by Del Medical for their full life-cycle.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Manages and develops Department staff.
- Monitors inventory levels, backorders, aging report, purchase orders and production schedules to ensure materials are planned accordingly.
- Analyzes demand trends, inventory usage, scrap, and waste to identify and quantify potential problems.
- Ensures accurate item master and Bill of material.
- Helps achieve desired inventory levels, determine appropriate min/max quantity and sets up Kan Ban systems where appropriate.
- Knowledgeable of MRP systems and able to assist in developing and implementing new software solutions.
- Monitors Suppliers’ Scorecard and develops plans to mitigate risks (e.g. alternate supplier, alternate component)
- Manages supplier quality audits.
- Regularly negotiates supplier contracts.
- Regularly reviews opportunities for outsourcing/insourcing.
- Develops short and long term strategies to improve supply chain reliability, quality and cost.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Minimum 5+ years of progressive experience in Supply Chain Management/Procurement: Inventory Control, Planning, and Forecasting
- Minimum 2 years experience managing Buyers and Material Planners
- Knowledge of general manufacturing operations, planning theories and scheduling principles
- Familiar with continuous improvement methods (e.g. pull systems, process mapping, JIT).
- Able to work with complex BOM structures and configurator system.
- High degree of experience in data mining and report building.
- Ability to research, collect and analyze data.
- Able to conduct inventory analyses and risk assessments on supply trends and demand factors
- Degree in Supply Chain Management, Procurement or equivalent
- Planning and Forecasting experience in a manufacturing environment
- APICS / CPIM
In addition to competitive wages and advancement opportunities, UMG / DEL MEDICAL also provides:
401(k) Retirement Plan
Paid Personal, Sick, and Vacation Days
UMG / DEL MEDICAL is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a thriving and diverse workforce.
If you’re interested in joining our team, please email your resume and desired position to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 847-954-2376.
UMG / DEL MEDICAL
Attn: Human Resources
241 Covington Drive
Bloomingdale, IL 60108